Delta 8 THC in Missouri: Is it Legal?
This Legal Disclaimer is incorporated by reference and subject to our Terms of Service, which you agree to by using this website.
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid found in hemp plants that is rapidly expanding in popularity nationwide with promising applications in both medical and recreational fields. While Delta 8 THC might feature familiar chemical properties to Delta 9 THC, the main chemical found in common marijuana, it has completely different effects and generally less potency for its users.
But is Delta 8 THC legal in Missouri?
Related article: What is Delta 8 THC?
Yes, Delta 8 THC is legal in Missouri
As of 10/04/2021, Delta 8 THC is legal according to Missouri state law. Like the federal law, Missouri has legalized all derivatives, cannabinoids, and isomers of hemp including all tetrahydrocannabinols other than Delta 9 THC.
Much like Delta 8 THC in Kentucky, Missouri has decided to be less restrictive when it comes to it's hemp laws.
Best Selling Delta 8 THC Products
The bills follows:
TITLE 2 DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. DIVISION 70 - PLANT INDUSTRIES CHAPTER. 17 - INDUSTRIAL HEMP
2 CSR 70-17.010 Definitions.
(7) Delta-9 THC—delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.
(13) Hemp extract—an extract from a cannabis sativa L. plant or a mixture or preparation containing cannabis sativa L. plant material that is composed of no more than three-tenths of one percent (0.3%) delta-9 THC on a dry weight basis.
(15) Industrial Hemp—as defined in section 195.010 (24), RSMo.
(20) Publicly marketable hemp product—any industrial hemp product that does not include any living hemp plants, viable seeds, viable roots, viable leaf materials, or viable floral materials, and contains no material with a delta-9 THC concentration exceeding three-tenths of one percent (0.3%) on a dry weight basis.
TITLE XII PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE. CHAPTER 195
(24) “Industrial hemp”:
(a) All nonseed parts and varieties of the Cannabis sativa L. plant, growing or not, that contain an average delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration that does not exceed three-tenths of one percent on a dry weight basis or the maximum concentration allowed under federal law, whichever is greater;
(b) Any Cannabis sativa L. seed that is part of a growing crop, retained by a grower for future planting, or used for processing into or use as agricultural hemp seed;
(c) Industrial hemp includes industrial hemp commodities and products and topical or ingestible animal and consumer products derived from industrial hemp with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than three-tenths of one percent on a dry weight basis;
(28) “Marijuana”, all parts of the plant genus Cannabis in any species or form thereof, including, but not limited to Cannabis Sativa L., except industrial hemp, Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Americana, Cannabis Ruderalis, and Cannabis Gigantea, whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination;
195.017. Schedule 1
(ee) Tetrahydrocannabinols naturally contained in a plant of the genus Cannabis (cannabis plant), except industrial hemp, as well as synthetic equivalents of the substances contained in the cannabis plant, or in the resinous extractives of such plant, or synthetic substances, derivatives, and their isomers with similar chemical structure and pharmacological activity to those substances contained in the plant, such as the following:
a. 1 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
b. 6 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
c. 3,4 cis or trans tetrahydrocannabinol, and their optical isomers;
Cannabis Policy in Missouri
As Missouri’s Medical Marijuana program is just now beginning, after a voter-approved constitutional amendment in 2018, the future is bright for legal marijuana in this great state. Earlier in the year, Missourians began campaigning for an effort to pass an adult-use marijuana legalization ballot to be voted on by the people, but sadly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, signature gathering efforts have been halted.
Can You Buy Delta 8 in Missouri?
You can buy Delta 8 and other hemp products in Missouri. This may be surprising if you don’t follow hemp law, but hemp products became federally legal after President Donald Trump signed the 2018 Farm Bill. From that point on, most states have integrated their own regulations on hemp.
As of October 4, 2021, the sale of hemp products is legal in MO and can be purchased by customers that are 21 years or older.
Where to Buy Delta 8 THC in Missouri?
Luckily for you, there are many different ways to buy Delta 8 in Missouri. You can find Delta 8 products at CBD and smoke shops. But what if you don’t have time to go to the store? Can you buy Delta 8 online?
You bet! There are tons of companies that ship hemp products, but make sure to research before purchasing any merchandise. Some positive indicators that you are buying high-quality hemp are if the business has stellar reviews, but most importantly, has their products third-party tested.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Buy Delta THC in Missouri?
You must be 21 years or older to buy hemp products in Missouri.
Buy Delta 8 THC Online in Missouri
Looking for high-quality Delta 8 products that can be shipped right to your door? If so, we got you covered. At Hometown Hero, we carry a large selection of premium hemp products that continue to fly off our shelves. Whether you need CBD, Delta 8, or Select Spectrum, we can have it for you in just a few days.
We value our customers' privacy and safety, so we have all shipments contained in discreet packaging without obvious labels. If you have never ordered hemp-derived products online and have concerns, reach out to one of our customer service representatives. They will be happy to assist you with your order or any questions you have.
In Missouri and want to get your hands on some Delta 8 THC? Be sure to check out all of our amazing Delta 8 THC Products today. Delta 8 Gummies in particular are a great product for beginners.