Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid found in the hemp plant that is quickly expanding its popularity nationwide with promising applications in both the medical and recreational field. While Delta 8 THC does feature familiar properties to the main chemical found in marijuana, Delta 9 THC, it has generally less potency and a different effect on its users.
But is Delta 8 THC legal in Connecticut?
Related article: What is Delta 8 THC?
Yes, Delta 8 THC is legal in Connecticut
As of today (10/06/2020), Delta 8 THC is legal according to Connecticut state law. Like the federal law, Connecticut has legalized all derivatives, cannabinoids, and isomers of hemp including all tetrahydrocannabinols other than Delta 9 THC.
Best Selling Delta 8 THC Products
Here are the laws:
SUBSTITUTE SENATE BILL NO. 893
Public Act No. 19-3: Section 1.
(7) “Federal act” means the United States Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946, 7 USC 1621 et seq., as amended from time to time;
(11) “Hemp” has the same meaning as provided in the federal act;
TITLE II ‘‘Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946’ Subtitle G—Hemp Production
SEC. 297A. ø7 U.S.C. 1639o DEFINITIONS.
(1) HEMP.—The term ‘‘hemp’’ means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.
(12) “Hemp products” means products with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis derived from, or made by, the processing of hemp plants or hemp plant parts;
TITLE 21A. CHAPTER 420B - DEPENDENCY-PRODUCING DRUGS.
PART I – GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sec. 21a-240. Definitions.
(29) “Marijuana” means all parts of any plant, or species of the genus cannabis or any infraspecific taxon thereof, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. Marijuana does not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of such mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil, or cake, the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination, or industrial hemp, as defined in 7 USC 5940, as amended from time to time. Included are cannabinon, cannabinol or cannabidiol and chemical compounds which are similar to cannabinon, cannabinol or cannabidiol in chemical structure or which are similar thereto in physiological effect, and which show alike potential for abuse, which are controlled substances under this chapter unless modified;
7 U.S. Code § 5940. Legitimacy of industrial hemp research
(2) Industrial hemp – The term “industrial hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.
Cannabis Policy in Connecticut
Back in the Spring of 2019, three legislative committees pushed forward bills to legalize, regulate and tax cannabis, but before the floor could take a vote on these bills, the legislative was adjourned. Where there was hope for the 2020 legislative session to move forward on these cannabis bills, coronavirus-related closures have here by stalled progress indefinitely.
On September 16th 2020, the Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis (CCEA) released a study showing that legalizing and regulating cannabis would help soften the blow to the economy brought about by the coronavirus by not only generating hundreds of millions of dollars in new tax revenue, but also creating and preserving thousands of jobs.
Are you a beginner and need a suggestion? The Delta 8 THC Gummies are a great place to start!
Buy Delta 8 THC online in Connecticut
Want some Delta 8 THC shipped right to your door safely and discreetly in Connecticut? Browse all of our amazing Delta 8 THC Products today.