If you are a lover of hemp products, we have good news for you. If you didn’t know already, Select Spectrum is legal in Kansas.
Hometown Hero’s Select Spectrum contains a unique blend of hemp-derived Delta-9 THC, Delta-8 THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids. So if you’re looking for something different, we’ve got it for you.
Want to learn more about Select Spectrum? Keep reading while we go over the legality of Delta-9 THC in Kansas, the effects, and how you can easily purchase Select Spectrum products online.
Is Delta 9 THC Legal in Kansas?
You probably already know that the 2018 Farm Bill federally legalized the production of hemp. However, this may have you curious—how is Delta 9 THC legal in Kansas?
As of August 24, 2021, all cannabinoids and products that derive from hemp, including CBD, Delta 8 THC, and Delta 9 THC, are federally legal under the bill.
Kansas followed suit shortly after the 2018 Bill was passed and legalized all derivatives, cannabinoids, and isomers of hemp under their Senate Bill No. 263.
One common misconception is that Delta-9 THC is “weed”. However, this is not always true. To be labeled as such, it must appear in concentrations greater than 0.3% on a dry weight basis or be sourced from marijuana.
Let’s take a look at some of the bill’s specifics:
SENATE BILL NO. 263
New Section 1.
(a) Sections 1 and 2, and amendments thereto, shall be known and may be cited as the alternative crop research act.
(2) ‘‘Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration’’ means the combined percentage of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol and its optical isomers, their salts and acids, and salts of their acids, reported as free THC on a dry weight basis, of any part of the plant cannabis sativa L.
(4) ‘‘Hemp products’’ means all products made from industrial hemp, including, but not limited to, cloth, cordage, fiber, food, fuel, paint, paper, particleboard, plastics, seed, seed meal and seed oil for consumption and certified seed for cultivation, if the seeds originate from industrial hemp varieties.
(5) ‘‘Industrial hemp’’ means all parts and varieties of the plant cannabis sativa L., cultivated or possessed by a state educational institution or the department, whether growing or not, that contain a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of no more than 0.3% on a dry weight basis.
Sec. 4. K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 21-5701 is hereby amended to read as follows: 21-5701.
(j) ‘‘Marijuana’’ means all parts of all varieties of the plant Cannabis whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. ‘‘Marijuana’’ does not include:
(1) The mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil or cake or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination; or
(2) any substance listed in schedules II through V of the uniform controlled substances act; or
(3) industrial hemp as defined in section 1, and amendments thereto, when cultivated, possessed or used for activities authorized by the alternative crop research act.
What’s Delta-9 THC?
The hemp plant is quite complex. It’s been discovered that over 113 cannabinoids can be extracted from hemp. Some of the most popular constituents include Delta 9, Delta 8, and CBD (cannabidiol).
In the past, Delta-9 THC used to only be associated with marijuana or “weed” However, Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is one of many natural compounds found in both hemp and marijuana plants.
So how do we get our blend of CBD, Delta-9 THC and other cannabinoids from hemp? At Hometown Hero, we use a process called CO2 extraction. CO2 extraction is one of the safest and cleanest processes used to draw out cannabinoids from raw hemp.
We stand by only safe extraction methods so our customers can feel confident that what they receive is safe and high-quality.
Is Delta-9 Safe?
Like most hemp-derived products, Delta-9 THC is generally safe. However, while there is no physical danger to worry about, you should never drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking hemp products that contain Delta-9 or any form of THC.
When experimenting with Delta-9 or other hemp-derived cannabinoids, it’s best to start small. You can always work your way up to a larger amount if you see fit. Do this with caution, as some people have felt a bit “overwhelmed” after taking too much.
Moderation is essential, especially if you are trying Select Spectrum products for the first time. If you think you took too much, we recommend finding an activity that will ease your mind. Relaxing, listening to music, or drawing are some things we suggest.
What Are the Effects of Delta 9 THC?
Each cannabinoid is bound to affect the body in some way. That said, the effects may differ depending on what cannabinoid you consume.
When taking Delta-9, cannabis connoisseurs have said they felt:
The unique blend of cannabinoids in Select Spectrum is likely to promote some of these feelings.
What’s the Difference Between Delta 8 and Delta 9?
Contrary to popular belief, there are distinct differences between Delta-8 and Delta-9. Some may think there is no difference, however, this is not true. Each element brings on its own effects.
The molecular arrangement is where you will find the difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9. It may seem strange since they have the same chemical formula. However, Delta-9 has a chemical bond on the ninth carbon chain, while Delta-8’s chemical bond is on the eighth carbon chain.
These differences bring on varying effects on the body. For example, Delta-9 is known to bring on feelings of euphoria, connectedness, and relaxation, while Delta-8 has similar properties with different effects.
Where to Buy Legal Delta 9 THC in Kansas
Buying Delta 9 in Kansas is relatively simple and you can buy Delta 9 products online in Kansas.
However, finding products made with a blend of natural hemp-derived cannabinoids such as CBD and Delta 9 may be hard to find in stores. That’s why we’ve created Select Spectrum—to give you the perfect entourage effect. Just enter your credit or debit card information, and we’ll send you the product of your dreams within just a few days.
Check out Hometown Hero’s Select Spectrum products if you are looking for something new. But remember, you must be 21 years of age to purchase cannabis products in Kansas legally.