Is Delta 9 Legal In New Mexico?
This Legal Disclaimer is incorporated by reference and subject to our Terms of Service, which you agree to by using this website.
Delta-9 is an innovative hemp-derived product that is legal and available in New Mexico.
At Hometown Hero, we have a passion for delivering our customers top-of-the-line products, which is why we decided to offer top-tier hemp-derived products such as our Select Spectrum and Live Rosin products.
Keep reading to know more about hemp-derived Delta-9 in New Mexico.
Is Delta 9 THC Legal to Buy in New Mexico?
First off, the big question—is Delta 9 THC legal in New Mexico?
As of this writing, all derivatives, cannabinoids, and isomers of hemp are legal in the state of New Mexico. Marijuana or also known as “weed” is also legal in New Mexico for patients with qualifying conditions.
Before New Mexico created their own laws on hemp, the 2018 Farm Bill was signed into law on December 20th, 2018 by President Donald Trump. The bill was a huge stepping stone for agriculture, because it federally legalized hemp cultivation and the sale of hemp products.
Can you buy Delta 9 products online in New Mexico? Yes. As long as it is within the guidelines of state law.
Take a look at the bill below to discover more about laws on hemp-derived products in New Mexico:
HEMP FINAL RULE – 20.10.2 NMAC HEMP EXTRACTION, PRODUCTION, TRANSPORTATION, WAREHOUSING, AND TESTING
- “Cannabis sativa L.” means the plant cannabis sativa L. and any part of the plant, whether growing or not.
- “CBD” means cannabidiol and is a cannabinoid and the primary non-psychoactive ingredient found in hemp.
- “Hemp” means the plant cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including seeds and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with a THC concentration of not more than three-tenths percent on a dry weight basis.
- “Hemp-derived material” means any material containing THC in any concentration derived from cannabis sativa L. through any activity authorized pursuant to the act.
- “Hemp extract” means oil and extracts, including cannabidiol, cannabidiolic acid, and other identified and non-identified compounds derived from hemp.
- “Hemp finished product” means a hemp product that is intended for retail sale and containing hemp or hemp extracts for human consumption, absorption, or inhalation that has a THC concentration of not more than three-tenths of one percent (0.30%).
- “Hemp products” means hemp, hemp-derived material, hemp extract, and hemp finished product.
- “THC” means delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (CAS number 1972-08-3) as measured using a post decarboxylation method and based on percentage dry weight.
What’s Delta 9 THC?
Did you know that there are over 113 cannabinoids that can be derived from hemp? Scientists have been exploring hemp for years, yet the three most sought cannabinoids are:
- Delta-8 THC
- Delta-9 THC
Delta 9 THC (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is a common cannabinoid located in both hemp and marijuana plants.
At Hometown Hero, we only use hemp-derived cannabinoids and the Delta-9 THC in our products never exceeds 0.3% by dry weight. This even includes our Select Spectrum products.
What’s the Difference Between Delta-8 and Delta-9?
Although Delta 8 THC may feature similar properties to Delta 9 THC, it is less potent and offers different effects to those who consume it.
In other words, Delta 8 is an isomer of Delta 9. Delta 9 has a link known as a “double-bond” that can be found on its ninth carbon chain, while Delta 8’s double-bond is located on its eighth carbon chain. Even though it seems like a slight difference, it actually makes a huge impact on the effects you feel.
What Are the Effects of Delta 9 THC?
Cannabinoids deliver unique experiences that vary from person to person. However, there are times that people may share similar effects. Cannabis enthusiasts have reported feeling:
- “The giggles”
- Increased appetite
Each person’s body is different, which means there are no guarantees on the effects that you feel. As a general rule-of-thumb, if you are new to Delta-9 or hemp, it’s a good idea to begin with a small amount. Starting with a small amount will give you the ability to estimate where your tolerance lies, while avoiding any intense effects.
Can You Buy Delta 9 in New Mexico?
Interested in buying Delta 9 edibles in New Mexico? We thought so.
Whether you prefer shopping in-store or online, Delta-9 can be purchased from qualified retailers in New Mexico. Hemp products containing Delta 9 can be safely and discreetly delivered right to your door. You must be 21 years or older to buy Delta 9 or other hemp products in New Mexico.
Products that have THC deriving from marijuana cannot be shipped, but due to hemp’s legal status on a federal level, products with hemp-derived cannabinoids can be mailed over state lines.
Where to Buy Legal Delta 9 THC in New Mexico
And now the question—where can you buy Delta 9 in New Mexico? And where can I find some near me?
Lucky for you, you can buy hemp products online. At Hometown Hero, we offer high-quality products, including our hemp-derived Delta-9 edibles.
When you buy Delta-9 online, you get fast-shipping and world-class customer service that can be contacted with a click of a button. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to one of our representatives today.
Is Delta 9 Safe?
Delta 9 gummies are completely safe when used responsibly, and the same can be said for most THC products Either way, if you take any product that contains THC, you cannot drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery.
Remember, moderation is essential for the ideal experience. Consuming too much at one time may lead you feeling “overwhelmed.”. If you find yourself in an uncomfortable state of mind, try some relaxing activities that you enjoy. We suggest listening to music or watching a movie.