Welcome to Homecooked Hero! The goal of this new series is to show simple, yet effective recipes for you to try out on your own using the cannabis of your choice, all of the recipes featured will be made up of our very own, top-notch CBD/CBG!
THE DOPEST QUESO
Queso, that delicious, seasoned, melted cheese that undoubtedly belongs in the hall of fame of appetizers is a favorite dish here around the HH office. We decided for our next Homecooked Hero recipe, we're gonna take this southern delicacy and give it our own little cannabis spin.
To make our CBD Queso, aka The Dopest Queso you'll need...
- CBD Tincture
- 4 cups of Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 2 cups of Monterey Jack Cheese (Shredded)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- Garlic Salt
- 2 Jalapeños (Seeded and Stemmed) - optional, for those who want a kick
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups of Milk (can be mixed with our cannamilk)
- 4 tablespoons of butter (can be mixed with our cannabutter)
- 1 Roma Tomato (Chopped)
1. Prepare your vegetables
2. Melt the butter in a medium warm pot, add the salt, onions, garlic salt, cumin, and whisk it together. Once you have it all whisked up, add the flour.
3. Turn up the heat, whisk in the 2 cups of milk and continue to stir that bad boy until its thick.
4. Lower the heat and add the cheese, slowly, about 1/2 cup at a time should do the trick. Stir and fold in the tomatoes on top of adding your CBD oil! Use your taste to add the appropriate amount of seasoning. Top if off with some cilantro garnish!
5. Grab your favorite chips! We choose a local favorite and supported a fellow Texan Business with HEB’s delicious Sea Salt tortilla chips
Don’t be afraid to ask us any questions you might have or share new recipes you come up with over @HometownHeroCBD! We will be happy to help and share!